DOES BEING OVERWEIGHT lead to dementia? It may, say Swedish researchers, who compared brain atrophy mass index (BMI), an indicator of weight status that predicts the risk of disease, in 275 women. What they found: A higher BMI was associated with more temporal-lobe atrophy, a shrinkage in brain volume that seems to lead to dementia. The temporal lobe plays a key role in such functions as language, comprehension and memory.
There are several ways obesity could contribute to dementia, says lead researcher Deborah Gustafson, an epidemiologist. One theory is that excess fat leads to hardening of the arteries, which may impair oxygen flow to the brain. Or maybe it’s the hormone cortisol, found in abundance in obese people, which may be linked to brain atrophy.
This study only included women; obesity’s effect on the male brain is still unclear.
In any case this research suggests that staying a healthy weight throughout life can slow atrophy. And while weight loss’s effect on dementia hasn’t been studied, it can’t hurt, says Gustafson.
Resource: Reader’s Digest
CardioVidaTM contains Free Form Arginine and vitamin D and is specially formulated and approved by doctors.
This special blend of semi-essential amino acids (L-Arginine, L-Citrulline, vitamins, minerals, fulvic minerals, grape seed extract, fiber, and probiotics) helps promote a healthy cardiovascular system. This powerful combination of ingredients is sure to revolutionize the nutraceutical industry. *
Arginine has long been a subject of clinical research, and its health benefits have been well documented. The Nobel Prize in medicine was awarded to three scientists in 1998 for discovering nitric oxide’s role as a vasodilator. The role of Arginine is essential for the enzymatic reaction in endothelial cells that is responsible for the creation of nitric oxide in the body. *
There are over 85,000 published clinical studies showing that Arginine could help lower cholesterol and triglycerides, delay onset of diabetes, enhance sexual function, help with congestive heart failure, speed tissue regeneration and healing, increase production of human growth hormone (HGH), enhance muscle growth, reduce blood clots and strokes, and more. *
CardioVidaTM focuses on the four key indicators of heart health: cholesterol, triglycerides, homocysteine, and oxidative stress.
- Supports healthy circulation and healthy blood vessels *
- Maintains healthy homocysteine levels already within normal range *
- Antioxidant Protection *
- Increases blood flow to the heart *
- Keeps blood vessels toned, flexible, and youthful for improved circulation *
- Supports healthy levels of blood pressure that are already within a normal range *
- Provides essential vitamins, minerals, and fiber for proper functioning of the human body *
- It helps your body produce nitric oxide (NO) to improve the functions of the circulatory, immune, and nervous systems. L-arginine and L- Citrulline trigger cells to produce and recycle more nitric oxide. * These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease.
Steve Moretta CEO