Soak up the sun. But don’t forget the sunscreen! You’ll likely still get a dose of D.
In case you needed another reason to be outside this season, heaving low levels of the “sunshine” vitamin is a risk factor for type 2 diabetes, independent of obesity, according to a new study. When exposed to sunlight, the skin naturally produces vitamin D, which helps the body absorb calcium and maintain bone and muscle health.
Small amounts of vitamin D can be found in certain foods too. Experts recommend a daily intake of 1,000 international units (IU) or more of vitamin D from sources such as sun, diet or supplements. In the summertime, a 15 – to 30- minute walk outside each day should be enough for most people to meet those requirements.
Resource: Diabetes magazine nutrition
BLD-3 BestLife Worldwide
Already recognized as essential for promoting your bone health, recent discoveries show every cell in your body needs vitamin D for your optimal well-being.* So don’t risk not having enough of this vital nutrient.
Yet getting enough daily vitamin D has been no easy task — until now.
Introducing Vitamin D Spray — the latest breakthrough in easy-to-use vitamin D3 supplementation.
Each pre-metered dose delivers 5000 IU of crucial vitamin D3 to boost support for your:
- Overall heart health*
- Immune system health*
- Balanced moods and feelings of well-being*
- Strong and healthy bones*
- Improved muscle strength *
- Proper digestion and food absorption*
- Ideal weight maintenance*
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult your physician before using this product.
Steve Moretta CEO